Tuesday 8 July 2014

Minced Meat In Salted Black Bean Sauce

First tasted Din Tai Fung's "zha jiang mian" (炸酱面) many years ago when we were still in KL. It absolutely caught my taste bud by surprise. I am not a noodle fan but that 炸酱面 was really delicious, with lots of meat. But recently I've tried the same noodle at different Ding Tai Fung, even the one in Taipei and it does not taste the same anymore. The 炸酱面 from Din Tai Fung nowadays has more chopped bean curd than meat. And so I am making my own version of 炸酱面.

I replaced bean curd with string beans since I don't really like bean curd. I am planning to use celery next round when i make it again. This time I serve the meat with steamed rice instead. So it's called 炸酱饭 ... hahah. 

I made extra gravy as the girls like to eat their rice and noodle with lots of gravy 
Ingredient

250gm minced pork meat
50gm string beans, chopped
1 small red or yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon salted black bean sauce
2 tablespoon oil
1 1/2 cup water (Less if want less gravy. Add cornstarch if want gravy to be thicken)
Salt and pepper to taste

Method

1. Sprinkle salt and pepper on minced meat. 
2. Heat oil till hot. Put in onion and fry in medium high heat till soft and fragrance.
2. Add garlic. Fry till lightly brown and fragrance.
3. Add meat. Break it up further as you stir fry in the pan for 3-4min.
4. Add salted black bean sauce. Continue to stir fry for another 3-4min.
5. Add water. Let it simmer in medium low heat for 5min.
6. Add in string bean last. Continue to simmer for 2-3min for the beans to soak in some of the gravy.
7. Dish out and serve with steamed rice or noodle.



No comments:

Post a Comment